- Coarsely grate potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Leave for 10 minutes before draining off liquid.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Chop onion, garlic and chives finely, and mix with potato mixture.
- In a heavy pan, heat around a tablespoon of oil.
- Place two heaped tablespoonsful of the mixture into the pan. Gently flatten and fry on medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side until brown.
- Stack finished pancakes on a plate with a paper towel to catch excess oil before serving.
- Serve hot.
These pancakes go well with a fresh green salad or vegies.